cold toes, warm smiles.

cold toes, warm smiles.
 When i was in middle school i used to read and reread Sean Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective teens (look at little Ms Overacheiver here...) and one thing that i always think about from it, is something called a paradigm shift. a a paradigm is another word for perceiving something. and a paradigm shift is perceiving things in another way.

Anyway enough of the boring stuff, let me tell you why that is important. I have had a Paradigm shift, something snapped and everything is just SO GOOD right now. Let me guess, you were getting annoyed with sad Emma in my recent posts, well guess what? ME TOO. never fear. like i said, something snapped and all the sudden i can't think of anything that would make me sad. Even those things that were making me sad two days ago... nothing. 
Let me tell you about the past few days eh? go ahead, stay a while, listen up. (we'll substitute deliciousness for this)
 i spontaneously sold the fall portion to the fall contract that has been haunting me all semester. Long story short this means i no longer will have to pay two rents. My old roommate form Summer 2010, Aimee, moved out of her house in Lehi and i happened to have a place she could stay the rest of the semester. This was good not only because i am financially free, but my testimony of prayer is strengthened. I had many tearful pleadings with my Heavenly Father. First i was asking him to send me someone to buy my contract, Then i finally had to start asking him for strength to be okay with it if it didn't sell. He made me wait. He made me have faith. He gave me strength. And after i endured, he rewarded me! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!

Yesterday consisted of my walking around campus listening to Vampire Weekend (hipster happy music, as opposed to Bon Iver's hipster breakup music), with a new watch on my wrist, beaming. 
Beaming? But why Emma? Why happened? Why were you so happy? 

I DON'T KNOW. but i love it.

Today was even better. I got to be in the same room as President Thomas S Monson. Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His message on the importance of reading our Scriptures and Praying to know if they are true made me realize that i've been a bit selfish lately... and frankly kinda whiny. 

So this i my conclusion: 
Life is good because i am choosing to make it so. I'm choosing to be happy. I'm choosing to set aside time everyday to listen to what the Lord wants to say to me. I'm choosing to have faith. To have confidence in my self, and my future. i'm choosing to-- Like Abraham-- against hope believe in hope.

It's like an angel has whispered "Life is good" and gave me permission to Let go. 

Labels: , , ,