Blenheim and Oxford.

Blenheim and Oxford.

Today i was not all together. after a nerve-wracking email from my mother, i forgot both my wallet and my camera on our excursion today. Luckily my friend Emily is a photo major and a let me borrow hers for the day and Jessy lent me some money for dinner. they both really did save me. I don't want to forget these places, and i really like food!
Todays list was the Blenhiem palace. It was made for the first duke of Marlborough when helped defeat the French. Queen Anne gave him lots of land and money to build a big place. As you can see, she was very generous. we toured the palace, the gardens and took the minibabyfetus train to the butterfly gardens. afterwards we had two hours to explore Oxford which was pretty neat! we ate at the Eagle Child which is the pub that was frequented by both J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis. It was awesome because the food was hearty and delicious AND affordable. That was a win in my book.
Anyways, oxford campus was beautiful and i wish we had had more time to explore there but we've got so much more to do that it just didn't happen. Someday i hope to come back :)

Labels: , ,