a preppy outfit and a few thoughts

a preppy outfit and a few thoughts


top: ralph lauren //  pants: thrifted and refashioned // shoes: sperry's







I'm bumming around at my Grandparents house in Logan as we slowly make out way to Spokane. This drive usually takes us one day but we're spreading it across three so we can stop and visit with relatives along the way. My grandparents just got Cataract surgery this week and they are recovering like champs. My grandpa is 94, my grandma 88 and have been married for 68 years. SIXTY-EIGHT YEARS. that my friends is the kind of commitment that is just plain inpsiring. My grandma has quite a bit of trouble with short term memory and more and more my grandpa is taking care of her. It's such a testimony of love to me to see his unfailing devotion to her and how he takes care of her.

watching my grandparents interact combined with some good conversations with close friends this week has given me a few wake up calls and helped me to really figure out what I want, and not settling for less than i deserve. it's been great. i feel like i'm growing with each day and recognizing what parts of me still need work, but thats all part of the process right?

Labels: ,