film for my thoughts?

film for my thoughts?

When Kirsten asked if I was willing to shoot some film in addition to digital for our session i was ecstatic. my yashica broke last winter when i took it on a photosafari that was far too cold for its internal workings, so i borrowed my dear Erica's Mamiya c330. it was a poor choice, because now i'm OBSESSED. So obsessed that there is a good chance I'll be buying that Mamiya from another friend of mine. I forget how much  I love film. It's such a tactile thing. It forces you to be decisive with your compositions, to take time to focus, and to embrace imperfections. It's authentic. It's the most genuine type of photography. I'd like to shoot more film, especially for my personal work. When I meet my nephew (who should be born this next week! EEE!) I'd love to shoot some film of him. The end.

Labels: