Here's to Growing Up.

Here's to Growing Up.


hat: uo // dress: thrifted // tights: gap // shoes:ou




It seems as though I am reminded every day that I am a ever changing, always evolving human being. Sometimes that change is not always for the best, but lately I have found a new confidence within it. I have started to internalize that to reach my potential in the talents I've been given takes work and often times divine intervention. I am reminded that being alone can be and for the most part is a blessing. There is lyric from Bright Eyes that says "when everything gets lonely, I can be my own best friend" and I've thought about how inherently beautiful that statement is. When everyone was gone this weekend i had so much fun spending time alone. I took myself on a few dates, watched a movie free of distractions, and got some crafting done. As much as I love my people, I sure do love myself. 

I've learned a lot about myself the past few days. I've learned that some retired romances will never be patched up with friendship, and instead will reside in awkwardness indefinitely. To have attempted to mend and be assured that awkwardness is where it may always lay, well frankly this can be incredibly liberating in a bittersweet (but mostly sweet) way. I've learned that creativity keeps me going, and sometimes the lack of it keeps me motivated. I've learned that I'll probably never have it all figured out. and that is okay with me.

Labels: ,