Explore the Familiar

Explore the Familiar


There is something so beautifully tangible about film, besides the fact that the negatives are actually tangible... I mean the colors, the mood, the honesty in film. We shot these images in places that I consider an extension of my backyard, I found new beauty in the familiar and it was enchanting. It also gave me an idea for a series I'd Like to start called "Explore the Familiar". After I traveled thru Europe two summers ago, it took me a while to be happy knowing I'd be stuck one place for a few more years, but it also transitioned into a conscious effort to explore places I know and love with a new light. Since then, I have been blown away by the beauty I have found simply through that paradigm shift. So for this series, I will ask bloggers and creative types to do the same. I want to know what draws you to the familiar, what beauty you have been able to see, what feelings it presents, your existential struggles it helped you through, etc. Whatever it is, I think we can all find something beautiful in the familiar. I hope you guys get as excited as I am about this!

pictures taken with Kodak Portra 160 with a Mamiya C330 and a beautiful friend Natalie. My film was developed by Indie Film Lab 

Labels: ,