because sometimes everything is just the worst.

because sometimes everything is just the worst.
image via instagram: @smilemepretty


This weekend was one of a lot of ups and downs. Unfortunately mostly downs. but all the ups had to do with good people. The day after I got back from New York my body began to rebel against me. I have been sick as a dog all weekend, which as ruined all productive ideas of catching up. I sound like a baritone. I  talking to my mom yesterday who's in town, and realized that when big, huge, scary changes happen, I don't really react emotionally. At all. I find clarity quickly and think as rational as i can. But when little things pile up, thats the only time I might lose it. Saturday night was one of those moments. After hanging out with some great friends, I headed to my car, feeling my sick getting more poignant, I found my car had been booted. I had to pay $60 of money I don't have to even drive my car home. ugh. I was driving home with the anxiety of watching my bank account drain, feeling grumpy, hormonal, and stuffed with greasy food. I was almost to my house when some jackbagger threw a water ballon out their window and it hit my windshield. hard. I thought my car had been hit, or that my winshield had shattered (it hadn't). I said a few things I'm not proud of. and I drove to my house. And then I sat in my car and cried. because ugh. sometimes every thing just seems to go wrong when it feels like it should be going right. I think I'm going to blame my grumpiness on my immune system, because it's obviously not my biggest fan anyway. Sorry if that was a depressing post, but hey I'm not really one to hide my thoughts. So there's that. I'm hopeful for a more lighthearted week.

Labels: