Emo Bands, and Relatively Good Hygiene

Emo Bands, and Relatively Good Hygiene


dress: h&m // leggings: sears (right?!) // shoes: topshop


Well I'm still sick, but I'm feeling a bit happier today, probably because I'm feeling productive and that always makes me feel less crummy. I've also been listening to a playlist of emo bands I used to listen to in high school nonstop. It has surprisingly but me in a better mood. It may or may not but definitely does include all my favorite oldies: Dashboard Confessional, Brand New, The Used Blink 182. I'll probably add some Bright Eyes too because you can never have enough angst when it comes to this kind of playlist.

 It's another day of wearing my hair natural, and I'm yet again trying to convince myself to just let my hair do it's own thing more often because it means I force myself to shower more. Wait was that TMI? what are boundaries? I don't know this thing. I like to think I'm just embracing my inner Lorde  by letting them locks do their thing. I might also be learning that showering isn't really all that inconvenient (i'm still not convinced). This outfit represents how I'm feeling about fashion lately, where I'm all for simple yet interesting. The dress has a really pretty open-ish back and wide neckline which fills me with happy feminine vibes because I'm all about pretending to have an impressive collarbones. the leggings are one of the two leather-esque leggings that I use interchangeably, because....#duh. And finally, these shoes. I've been wearing them literally everyday for a week. I got really bad tendonitis or something in my Achilles the second day in NYC, it was the pits. I bought these at TopShop because they looked/felt comfortable. which is an understatement. They're practically slippers. The best part is they also are like a hybrid of desert boots and sneakers. I couldn't ask for anything more perfectly simple.

Labels: