Bookworm gone iZombie, seeking help.

Bookworm gone iZombie, seeking help.
color block cardigan-0683color block cardigan-0671color block cardigan-0707color block cardigan-0685
cardigan: urban outfitters // top: uniqlo // pants: hudsons // shoes: thrifted // bag: thrifted & refashioned by my Dad

Earlier today I got to thinking about how this is the time of year where I usually read more. And I'm starting to kick myself in the butt for how much time I spend on my phone instead. I think I try and justify it with the amount of random and arguably useless articles I read on my phone, but it's just not the same. It's been a while since I felt that magic of being fully engrossed in a book.  I can't even remember the last time I cried while reading a book. Honestly that's a little bit of a tragedy to me. Books are where some of my fondest memories come from. Literature always makes me feel more informed and credible. When my future children think of me, I hope the remember me as someone who reads. Thats how I remember me. I remember as soon as I was able to, I would read until my eyes got too tired to stay awake, and even then I would battle against those droopy eyes to finish the chapter before I fell asleep. I remember sleeping so soundly that way. I remember spending hours upon hours crawled up in the couch in my room and reading. I'll be honest, that person has kind of started to slowly drift into a person who is soon to be remembered as the girl who was always on her phone. I'm a little bit afraid that I lack the self discipline to fix it. So here I am, ironically asking my internet friends to help me kick the information addiction that is the internet, while simultaneously offering your favorite reads. #halp.

Labels: