the ordinary pursuit.

the ordinary pursuit.
Well folks. This post has been a long time coming. It's time to rebrand this here blog. Lets face the facts. Smile Me Pretty is cute, but also WAYYY to close the name of a really awesome wedding blog Style me Pretty. I've been wanting to rebrand my blog for some time now, and it feels like now is the best time.

The best thing about a rebrand is it makes you think about what you want to say to the world, what you want to represent you. It takes a good amount of discussion and introspection. So here it is.

I like to think the ordinary pursuit is the idea of being happy with the things which at times seem mundane, or not so flashy. I have a love-hate relationship with blogging, and that primarily stems from a yearning for authenticity. Realness. Being content to be ordinary.

In the end, the most ordinary pursuit is that of happiness. And I'm learning more and more that the best place to find happiness is in the lives we already are living.

I'll be updating the URL in the next week or so to fit with the new name, but I'm so excited to just get this going that I can hardly wait any longer.

So here's to change! (i think it's going to be a good one)